The Cape Cod Children's Museum is a wonderful attraction for families with young children that is located in Mashpee, Massachusetts, which is just 70 miles outside of Boston. It features over 20 interactive exhibits related to science, fairy tales, music, pirates, reading, and more, as well as a portable planetarium which features shows related to the constellations and space. If that's not enough to entice you to visit, it also offers family programs that include art activities, sing-a-longs, storytelling, and science experiments!
Things to Do
- Watch your child pretend to be a king or queen in the castle, learn how mail gets delivered at the post office, and improve their musical skills in the music room.
- Check out the Gravity Wall and Bernoulli exhibits, which teach children about scientific principles with fun hands-on activities.
- Take a break from exploring the exhibits to read a book with your child at the Reading Wagon.
- View a show inside the inflatable planetarium! Children can learn all about astronomy and constellation myths during their fascinating planetarium presentations.
Cape Cod Children's Museum Insider Tips
- Don't miss out on daily programs such as sing-a-longs, Pre-K playtime, family-friendly yoga, and arts and crafts.
- Food and drinks aren't allowed inside of the museum, but you're welcome to bring along a picnic lunch to eat at the picnic tables outside.
- Have your child's next birthday party at the museum! Their party packages include party favors, use of a party room, and plenty of time to explore the museum.