Whether you live in Seattle or are just visiting the area, you should make sure to make the journey to Carkeek Park as getting to the park takes just 20 minutes from downtown Seattle on the I-5. Carkeek Park covers over 200 acres and features a multitude of activities for you and your family to enjoy.
Things to Do
- Learn more about nature and conservation in the Carkeek Park Environmental Learning Center which recycles rainwater for plumbing and is powered by solar power.
- Make sure to take in the fresh air and stretch your legs by taking a walk along one of the park's paths.
- Make sure you take the kids along to watch the trains pass by the park. They can be seen from a bridge in the park.
- Let the little ones run around and play to their hearts' content on the age-appropriate play equipment in the park.
- When the weather's nice you can always just sit and relax on the grass while the children play games.
Carkeek Park Insider Tips
- Save money by taking a picnic or barbecue food along. Carkeek Park has plenty of spaces for both picnics and barbecues!
- In order to avoid crowds consider heading along to the park early during weekdays as there tends to be fewer people at these times.
- If you happen to be in the park at the right time, don't miss the sunset from the beach! It's a beautiful sight and a wonderful time of day to be outside. Of course, you can visit the beach at other times of the day, too!