The Carlsbad Flower Fields unsurprisingly feature over 50 acres of Tecolote Giant Ranunculus, better known as the Persian Buttercup or Ranunculus Asiatic and a member of the buttercup family. The Carlsbad Flower Fields are an astounding and beautiful site and come recommended as a nice day out for you and your family.
Things to Do
- See all the beautiful flowers. The views of all the colors are absolutely stunning and the whole reason this place exists!
- Take a tractor ride around the fields. This is probably preferable to walking if you have very young children. This does come at an additional fee to your entrance fee.
- Play in the playground. Let the kids run around in the fresh air if they still have a lot of energy and you feel like sitting down for a spell.
- Try and escape the maze! It can be quite challenging so don't get lost!
- Take some flowers home for you and your family. You can purchase fresh cut flowers from the Armstrong Garden Center as well as bulbs in order to grow your own! Potted plants are also available.
Carlsbad Flower Fields Insider Tips
- Remember to bring your own food if visiting during the week as the food vendors are usually only there on the weekends.
- Make sure to check the Flower Fields' events calendar to see if anything you'd like to enjoy is taking place there or just to know what's happening on the day you're going.
- Try to arrive earlier to accommodate the time it takes to get parked. It can take a while for the line to move so don't expect to get straight in to the fields.