Carolinas Aviation Museum preserves the aviation heritage of North Carolina, the museum is located on the grounds of Charlotte Douglas International Airport in Charlotte, North Carolina. The aviation museum was founded in 1992, the museum collection displays historic aircraft from the cold war era. The museum displays an extensive collection of civil, military, and commercial aircraft. The museum is a source of inspiration for the youth, children can also see three aircraft on an active ramp. Guided tours are available, the museum is open all through the week.
Things to Do
- A visit to the museum shares history and gives education on the aviation history of North Carolina, see commercial airbus A320, a modern passenger airliner that almost escaped a crash in 2009.
- See the very first aircraft and air carriers, see the replica plane of The Wright flyer, it was one of the first air planes in the world made by the Wright brothers.
- See a collection of military aircraft from historic to modern, the exhibit displays military helicopters including the Sea Knight.
- Children can get to sit inside an air craft and see the cockpit, the museum hosts aviation-inspired classes for the youth.
- Visit the museum gift shop and shop for aircraft models, gifts and learning tools.
Carolinas Aviation Museum Insider Tips
- Children ages 5 and under are admitted for free.
- Free parking is available.