Located on the border between North and South Carolina Carowinds is a 398 acre amusement park which is sure to provide fun for all the family. Along with a great selection of thrill, family and kids rides there is also the Boomerang Bay Water Park where you can cool off after working up a sweat on the main park's attractions.
Things to Do
- The Dinosaur's Alive! exhibit has thirty life sized animatronics dinosaurs on hand to educate and thrill you kids.
- On select Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings you can take your family to the special Dinos after Dark event. From 9 pm till 10 pm they will walk in the dark amongst these scary monsters!
- Boomerang Bay, Carowinds' very own water park, has attractions of its own. Bondi Beach is a 400,000 gallon, 34,000 square foot wave pool recreates the famous eaves of the iconic Australian beach.
- For more of a thrill take your whole family together on a tube on the Down Under Thunder slide which provides 564 feet of crazy turns and deep dips.
Carowinds Insider Tips
- Locker rental starting at $13 with a $5 deposit is a bit pricey so think about only bringing what you really need and leaving what you can't afford to lose at home or in the car.
- You can check out Carowinds' opening days and hours with the use of their website's calendar.
- You can see a copy of the park map online or when you arrive you can pick one up along with a guide at Guest Services near the entrance.
- Animals are only allowed inside the park if they are needed for a specified service, like a guide dog for instance. The Park does provide a Pet Kennel where you can leave your family's pet during the day for a cost of $10 per pet.