Sandusky, Ohio's Cedar Point Amusement Park has quite a pedigree. Built in 1870 this is the second oldest amusement park in the United States and currently attracts more visitors than any other. It has won Amusement Today's Golden Ticket Award for "Best Amusement Park in the World" sixteen consecutive years in a row. It also happens to be home to sixteen rollercoasters, which is probably why it calls itself the roller coaster capital of the world. So come along with your family, all the thrill seekers are sure to be satisfied while there should be enough in the parks 70+ rides to keep everyone else happy too.
Things to Do
- Roller coasters are the cornerstone of Cedar Point's reputation. Thrill seekers will find plenty of coasters here to keep their adrenaline pumping. The Millennium Force will send you flying down 80 degree drops at 93 mph.
- The Raptor throws you upside down not once, not twice but six times as you speed around its track. The Western themed Maverick meanwhile will send you through a pitch black tunnel and a twisted horseshoe roll leaving you screaming for more!
- When you visit you can make a trip to the nearby Soak City Waterpark as well. There are plenty of rides and slides here for everyone.
- At Eerie Falls you can choose to head down one of three twisty-turny tunnels all of which cover you in total darkness!
- Kids can splash around safely in the Choo Choo Lagoon and Tadpole Town or take on the challenge of the Adventure Cove Lily Pad Walk.
Cedar Point Insider Tips
- Needless to say Cedar Point can get busy so consider buying one of their Fast Lane Passes before you go. This will save you a lot of time waiting around queuing in the hot summer sun!