Celebrate Innovation Exhibition celebrates and displays America's innovative spirit, there are a number of exhibits, displays, diagrams, photographs, digital video, artifacts, story panels that preserve and display the history of American Innovation. Celebrate Innovation Exhibition takes place at Des Moines area community college west campus, the main exhibits have three categories, telecommunications, American innovators, and personal computing. The exhibit is open year-round with free admission.
Things to Do
- Families must visit the exhibition as it provides a learning platform for children and adults. The American Innovators exhibit is inspirational and educational, it highlights the stories of 17 unique innovators. See the struggle and diversity of American Innovation from 1742-1965.
- Children would enjoy seeing the telecommunications exhibit that illustrates 150 years of innovation and transition from a telegraph to a telephone and the Internet. The exhibit uses artifacts, digital audio and video, and visuals as educational and interactive tools.
- The personal computing exhibit displays a timeline of the innovation of the PC through artifacts, audio and video and photographs.
- The campus store sells shirts, postcards, posters and learning material.
- MegaBites cafe serves breakfast and lunch, the cafe is open Monday through Friday.
Celebrate Innovation Exhibition Insider Tips
- Restrooms with baby changing tables are available.
- The campus is ADA compliant.