Roses can be a complex flower to artfully master. For an easy method of painting roses, try making Celery Print Roses. You will be amazed at the gorgeous rose that is created from this simple stamping technique right out of nature. This artistic method can be used by artists of all ages and can be stamped on most anything depending on the kind of paint that you use. Try making your own gift wrap or decorating fabric or even creating stationary.
- A bunch of celery ( you will only need the last 4 inches of the end)
- Paper Towel
- Paint Brushes
How to Make Them
- Use a Sharp knife to cut the celery at the base of the celery hearts ( set the celery stalks aside for snacks). Make sure that you make a nice even cut.
- Press the cut base of the celery against some paper towels to absorb any excess moisture from the vegetable. The stamp will work best when it is driest.
- Dip the cut side of the celery base into the paint. You can also use a roller or a paint brush to apply the paint for this step.
- Stamp the painted end of the celery onto paper or your desired surface. The celery print will intricately resemble a beautiful rose.
- Use your paint brush to add stems to your roses if you like.
- When you are finished with all of your rose stamping, rinse the celery off and place it in your compost pile.