Have your children decorate a window in your home to resemble the look of stained glass. The design possibilities are endless with this very easy to do art project for toddlers and school aged children alike. Children can explore shapes and how they can fit together to make an artistic masterpiece.The sun will beam through the colorful shapes and make you smile for as long as it adorns your glass window.
- A small paint roller or paint brush
- Colored cellophane
- Dish soap
- A window
How to Do It
- Mix 1/4 cup of dish soap and 3/4 cup of water together in a shallow bowl or dish.
- Cut pieces of colored cellophane in a variety of shapes. Older children can do quite well at this, while the younger ones will need an adult to cut the shapes.
- Use your paint brush or small paint roller to roll the soapy water solution onto the window.
- Apply the cellophane pieces to the wet window in a pattern, overlapping or any way that you wish.
- If the window dries in spots, simply apply more soap and water solution.
- When it is time to clean the window, simply spray the window and peel of the cellophane and wash as usual.