The 24 acre Centennial Lakes Park provides get-away located right in the urban space of the City of Edina. There is a Lake and places for cyclists and joggers alike to enjoy the beautiful outdoors. There is also a lake, entertainment, cultural events and a farmers market held in the summer months as well as ice skating during the winter.
Things to Do
- The 10 acre lake is, as one would expect, the focal point of this tranquil green area. There is also around 1.5 miles of paved pathway open for cyclists, walkers and joggers.
- During the winter, typically from mid-December until mid-February, the Lake is transformed into a giant ice skating rink which covers 3 ponds and a few narrow canals. You can rent skates to head out and enjoy it, or if you already have your own there is not a fee for skating.
- The Farmers Market is usually held on Thursday afternoons from the middle of June until the end of September. Here you can choose from a generous selection of fresh fruit and vegetables being sold by the producers themselves.
- During the summer the Lake also hosts some other interesting activities that you don't regularly find around. Have a go at their 18-hole golf course, try a game of croquet or give lawn bowling a go.
Centennial Lakes Park Insider Tips
- You can rent pedal boats to head onto the lake if you fancy a fun activity for the whole family.
- Though the intricately manicured and well maintained park is quite clearly designed by man more than nature this fact does make it quite photogenic. Bring along your camera for some nice family snaps.