The Columbus, Ohio Center of Science & Industry (or the COSI for short!) has a range of permanent and revolving exhibitions that are designed to entertain you while educating you about the wonderful world of science. There are lots of programs tailored specifically for families and young children.
Things to Do
- The Planetarium at COSI was recently renovated to offer some of the best state of the art technology to visitors. Come along and see informative and fascinating shows on our world, the stars and the gigantic universe that surrounds us with the Planetarium's Digistar 5 projection system and 60 foot dome.
- Fun live shows and spectacular demonstrations take place all the time at COSI. For an even more interactive experience you can put your name down for one of the hands-on workshops.
- If you have a special needs child then you can book them in for a Sensory Friendly Experience designed especially for families with special needs children.
Center of Science & Industry (COSI) Insider Tips
- Depending on the time of year the Center may be closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. It also closes for a number of holidays so check out their visitor info before you go to be sure it will be open.
- You can use the interactive map on the Center's website to find out exactly where the exhibits and all the amenities of the Center can be found.
- If you feel like grabbing something to eat while you are out on your day trip you can do so at the Center's Atomic Café. Here you will find a lot of typical food offerings like pizza, burgers and chicken tenders along with healthier options for kids and adults.