The Channel Islands Maritime Museum is a fascinating museum located on Channel Islands Harbor in Oxnard, California. It has a variety of displays that feature anything and everything related to maritime activities, including ship models and paintings of seascapes. It also contains frequently changing featured exhibits, which means that there's always something new to see at the museum. In addition, the museum often invites speakers to talk to the public about topics such as marine life and sea legends.
Things to Do
- Explore the museum's extensive collections of ship models, which depict ships from all over the world throughout history, including a model of a boat from 3,000 BC!
- View the painting collection, which includes breathtaking seascapes, battle scenes, ship portraits, and impressive engravings.
- Check out the museum's current featured exhibit - visit their website to learn more about what's on display.
Channel Islands Maritime Museum Insider Tips
- Take a tour of the museum to learn as much as you can about maritime life! Docent-led tours are offered between 11:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. every day.
- Learn about fascinating marine mammals, pirates, or sea legends by attending one of the museum's monthly speaker series events. Best of all, admission is free for children under 12.
- If you're fascinated by ship models, attend one of the local Ship Model Guild's monthly meetings to see how they make these beautiful works of art. They're always happy to answer questions about the techniques they use.