Charleston SUP lead stand-up paddle tours and lessons out onto the beautiful Folly River. This area is an interesting habitat where one has the opportunity to see Atlantic Bottle Nose Dolphins amongst other water dwellers and birdlife. The tour guides of Charleston SUP will explain the local nature and talk about the history of the area during their programs. You can rent equipment from Charleston SUP for your own personal use, take part in their yoga classes or if you have younger kids you can sign them up for a summer camp.
Things to Do
- A few different tour options are on offer that can be enjoyed by beginners and veterans alike. The Dolphin Safari heads out into the calming flat-water of the Folly River in search of dolphins and other animals.
- They also offer tours at sunset and on nights when there is a full moon. For advanced paddle boarders they run a tour out to the Morris Island Lighthouse.
- Lessons are available in groups of three, in pairs and individually. These lessons will teach you all the basics of stand-up paddle boarding from their in house experts.
- If you are already well past the stage of needing an instructor beside you to tell you what to do then you can rent your own paddle board out. Rentals are available for 2 hours and upward. You can check the rates here.
Charleston SUP Safaris Insider Tips
- Charleston SUP takes pride in offering a safe service to their customers. Their staff is professionally trained and altogether have over 60 years of combined service. They also have top of the line equipment in great condition which can cover almost any age.