Charleston waterfront park is one of the most visited parks in South Carolina. The park offers some great views of the Charleston harbor, the park is spread across 12 acres. The park has walkways for strolling and two fountains that serve as a fantastic place for children to enjoy water play. The park has many spots and benches, where families can enjoy a picnic day. The park offers floral displays to its visitors.
Things to Do
- Families can have a fun-filled day at the park, enjoy picnic, family-sized swings, children can do biking, running, bird watching, and play by the water fountains. Adults can have a stroll on the walkways and enjoy sun bathing. The fountains lit up in the evening.
- Enjoy watching boats and ships sailing by in the harbor. A nice and peaceful place to sit and relax after a long and hectic day of shopping near by.
- A beautiful place to take lots of family pictures. You may see dolphins in the waterfront.
- Enjoy and explore the history of Charleston with different statues and maps in the park.
- The park provides shade from sun and rain, lush green lawns, palm trees, and scenic views of the harbor. The park has an ample space for children to play all kinds of outdoor games and sports.
Charleston Waterfront park Insider Tips
- Try exploring the park early in the morning.
- Wear good walking shoes.
- You can bring strollers and wheelchairs to the park.
- It can be very hot in the daytime.