The Charlotte Nature Museum aims its activities and exhibits priarily at learners in the 3 - 7 age range although they try to make events and programs that will appeal to children of all ages. There are live animal exhibits and plenty of interactive displays to keep your little ones entertained.
Things to Do
- One of the Nature Museum's major exhibits is the butterfly pavilion where you can walk amongst free flying butterflies; one may even land on you! Fort Wild meanwhile gives children a lage outdoor space where they are free to roam and play to their heart's content.
- The Beginnings exhibit follows the life cycle of young animals while Our Big Backyard teaches kids about what lurks amongst the grass and mud of a typical family's garden.
- If your child is between the age of 3 and 9 you can organise a nature themed birthday party for them at the Museum. They offer two party packages which may be customised. You can choose from one of their themes such as an animal parade party, forts and fairies and the naturalist adventure option. Both packages include free parking, a party host, lemonade and an hour and a half in the party room. There are cool add ons like animal encounters and a ben and jerry's ice cream cake.
The Charlotte Nature Museum Insider Tips
- The Museum is closed on Mondays.
- If you are thinking of planning a field trip to the Nature Museum their 2014 - 2015 Education Guide should give you an idea of what to expect from a visit.