This Baltimore-themed escape room challenges you to solve the mystery behind Edgar Allan Poe's death, stop a saboteur on the B&O Railroad, or thwart a double agent Spy from betraying his colleagues. You have just one hour to escape the room.
Escape rooms are a new entertainment activity that are booming in popularity. Your group of friends or colleagues enter a room where they must find the clues, solve the puzzles, and unravel the mystery within a time limit to escape the room. Escape Rooms are popular for corporate team building, birthday or wedding parties, or just as a fun night out with friends and family.
Things to Do & The Experience
- Visitors should expect to have an hour of challenging and exciting fun. You will be given a brief story behind the room and general instructions. Then you'll enter the room and be left to your own wits to escape.
- Participants are not actually locked in. The doors to the rooms are either unlocked, or can be unlocked with the key that stays in the door.
- Games are designed for up to 8 players. We feel at least 4 is ideal. It's hard for duos or trios to solve it all in time (but it's been done).
- Kids as young as 8 can play, and they do a very good job. Young kids often solve puzzles the adults take several minutes to figure out, if they figure it out at all. Any age above that can play, regardless of physical ability. The main group should be at least middle school or high school age.
- It's a great corporate event. It's fun and exciting, and can be incorporated into a full fledged team building event. Leaders, organizers, problem solvers, and even inhibitors come out during the game in an observable way.
Charm City Clue Room Insider Tips
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes before your game time.
- Reservations are recommended to ensure your spot. Walk-ins are accepted when space is available, but if you don't have a reservation, we may not be there to accept a walk-in.
- Charm City Clue occasionally announce discounts on their Facebook and Twitter pages.
- A group photo is taken at the end, and can be grabbed from our Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter pages. This is a cool keepsake from your escape room experience.
- No food or drinks on site, but places like Mex, Joe Squared, Leinenkugel's and Tin Roof are right inside Power Plant Live for your enjoyment.