Chatfield Hollow State Park is a beautiful recreation area in Killingworth, Connecticut known for its numerous hiking trails. It also provides families with facilities for many other outdoor activities, including swimming, cross-country skiing, horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing, picnicking, and rock climbing. If you love nature, you'll definitely want to consider visiting this over 400-acre state park.
Things to Do
- Explore the park's many trails while hiking, mountain biking, or horseback riding. While you hike, keep an eye out for historic sites and caves that were once used by Native Americans.
- Go fishing! Chatfield Hollow State Park is a Trout Park, which means that it is regularly stocked with trout, making it a great place for children to try to catch their first fish.
- In the summertime, cool off by going for a swim in the beautiful freshwater pond.
- Go cross-country skiing on the park's trails in the wintertime.
Chatfield Hollow State Park Insider Tips
- If your teen is interested in trying a new outdoor activity consider rock climbing in the park, which contains some of the state's most popular climbing routes.
- Bring along some food and enjoy a family picnic in the woods - there are also grills available for barbecues.
- Feel free to bring along your dog as long as you keep it on a leash at all times.