The Chattahoochee Nature Center in Roswell, Georgia, is a site where visitors can learn more about the wildlife in the area as well as the local horticulture, which can be found in the greenhouse and plant nursery. The site covers a site of over 100 acres by the Chattahoochee River, which runs through Georgia, Alabama, and Florida.
Things to Do
- When the kids aren't in school you can always take them to the nature center's day camp which operates during the spring, summer, and winter breaks.
- Go hiking along one of the center's several hiking trails. If you and your family enjoy ornithology, consider taking one of the center's special Bird Watcher Hikes.
- Pick up a souvenir from your trip or a gift for your friends at the Chattahoochee Nature Center Store. Discounts are available for those who are members of the nature center.
- For more information on anything you've seen or experienced, make sure to ask the center's staff who are both friendly and knowledgeable.
- Go to the children's center with your littlest ones or take them to see the animals.
- If you have little ones over the age of 6, why not take a wonderful tour of the river by canoe.
- Have a birthday party for your outdoorsy little ones!
Chattahoochee Nature Center Insider Tips
- Can't wait to go back? Consider purchasing membership in order to save money on regular visits to the Chattahoochee Nature Center.
- To learn more about what's going on at the nature centre, make sure to check out their calendar of events before you go!