Cheekwood is a popular attraction in Nashville located on the 55-acre former estate of the local Cheek family. Since 1960, its beautiful Georgian-style mansion has been used as an art museum, while the original gardens are now a public botanical garden featuring dozens of beautiful plant displays, fountains, and statues. Whether you're interested in art, history, nature, or architecture, you're sure to enjoy visiting this local landmark.
Things to Do
- Explore the many gardens located within the Cheekwood estate, including Shomu-en, the serene Japanese garden that contains a bamboo forest and winding streams.
- Go for a relaxing stroll down the Carell Woodland Sculpture Trail, a tree-lined path that will lead you past a wide variety of fascinating sculptures.
- Check out the art museum, which features paintings, sculptures, decorative arts, and porcelain pieces from all over the world.
Cheekwood Botanical Garden & Museum of Art Insider Tips
- Attend Family Night Out, an annual summer performance series designed for families that features theater performances, puppet shows, and delicious food.
- Get some exercise and have fun while attending Fitness Friday or Kids Fitness Saturday, two weekly events that encourage visitors of all ages to get fit while doing yoga, tai chi, and other fitness activities outdoors.
- Take a tour of Cheekwood! Guided tours feature information on the history of the mansion, the design of the gardens, and the museum's art collections.