The Cherry Creek Bike Path is a nearly 25-mile recreational trail that leads alongside Cherry Creek through the heart of downtown Denver. In addition to being one of the most picturesque trails in the area, it also leads to all kinds of exciting attractions, including the Cherry Creek Shopping District, the Four Mile Historic Park, and the Cherry Creek State Park. If you're interested in exploring Denver on foot or by bike, this trail is a great way to do it.
Things to Do
- Explore the hiking and cycling trails at Cherry Creek State Park! Other recreational activities offered at the park include bird watching, cross-country skiing, fishing, boating, horseback riding, ice skating, swimming, snowshoeing, and sledding.
- Take a tour of the Four Mile House Museum, the oldest structure in Denver, and explore its other historic buildings by visiting Four Mile Historic Park.
- Stop along the path to go shopping in a few of the nearly 500 shops and department stores in the Cherry Creek Shopping District.
Cherry Creek Bike Path Insider Tips
- Check out this detailed guide to the trail, which includes information on nearby attractions as well as places where you can park in order to access the trail.
- Make sure to wear sunscreen in order to avoid sunburn, since much of the trail is not shaded.
- Bring along a camera to take photos of wildlife you see along the trail, including deer, rabbits, and ducks.