Cherry Valley Lodge is a quaint hotel in the south of Cleveland (around 2 1/2 hours) and to the east of Columbus, Ohio (around 35 minutes). Adjacent to the hotel is a small water park called Coco Kay, an indoor 50,000 square foot area that boasts of 84 degree temperatures, even on non-summer days.The compound allows you to have a completely different ambiance that's far away from the city but within a close driving proximity to it.
Things to Do
- Have a relaxing stay for the night at the lodge, or make it a mini staycation by staying a few extra nights.
- Have a massage or get some mani/pedis in the Banyan Leaf Spa.
- Close to the hotel, there are numerous biking/walking paths, which include the Blackhand Gorge Nature Reserve, Buckeye Lake, Dawes Arboretum, Flint Ridge State Memorial, and the Infirmary Mound Park. Plenty of places where you can be fit and sightsee at the same time.
- Do the waterslides at the Coco Kay water park.
- Play in the arcade, also located within the water park.
- Relax in the lazy river as you are being floated along by the water.
Cherry Valley Lodge & Coco Kay Water Park Insider Tips
- You can book a room and a water park package directly on the site to avail of more savings.
- Go on a Friday to save a bit more money - they're the cheapest day passes available. The downside is the hours of operation during Fridays are a bit shorter than the weekend.
- The lodge can host weddings or other events within their grounds. They have a gazebo on the grounds, making for a romantic place to tie the knot.
- If you have smaller kids, the water park has a place where toddlers can play around in and experience the slides.