The Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose is a popular attraction that is considered to be one of the best children's museums in the entire world. It houses a huge collection of interactive exhibits that are designed to educate children of all ages. If you're looking for a place where your little one can learn, play, and use their creativity in new ways, then you'll definitely want to spend a day at this great museum.
Things to Do
- Visit the Bubbles exhibit, where you can create and catch giant bubbles with your child while learning all about the science behind them.
- Explore the Kids' Garden, an outdoor exhibit where children can learn how fruits and vegetables are grown and take part in activities such as making wind chimes.
- Spend some time playing on the Soundstair, a musical staircase that allows you to make music while you get a bit of exercise.
- Stop by the Rainbow Market to learn about healthy eating and make your own corn husk dolls, a Native American tradition.
Children's Discovery Museum of San Jose Insider Tips
- Don't miss the Mammoth Discovery! exhibit, where you can view a mammoth skull and fossils and take a photo with a full-size replica of a mammoth.
- Attend a live theater, dance, or music performance in one of the museum's two performance areas. You can learn more about upcoming events by viewing the museum's calendar.
- If you don't want to pay for parking, you can take the Alum Rock-Santa Teresa light rail line to the Discovery Museum station or take a county transit bus to one of the nearby stops on Almaden Boulevard.