Spend a day with the young ones at the Children's Museum and Theatre of Maine, where you can role play as a farmer in the "Oakie Acres" exhibit, learn about the log cabin-building process in "Tree to Timber," or blast off in the museum's Space Shuttle. Additional displays allow kids to make believe in a car repair shop, fire truck, supermarket, miniature town, post office, diner and more.
Things to Do
- Kids can dress up in costume and participate in one of the interactive plays held daily in the museum's children's theatre.
- Children will enjoy climbing, sliding, building and learning in the museum's new Imagination Playground.
- See marine life up close in Tidepool Touch Tank.
- Investigate the science of motion as you construct ramps and roll balls along them.
Children's Museum & Theatre of Maine Insider Tips
- Admission price is $2 on the first Friday of each month from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Discounted parking is available from the lot situated one block past the museum. Bring your ticket in to be stamped at the museum.
- Metered parking is $1 per hour and available in two hour increments on surrounding streets.
- Vending machines can be found on the museum's lower level along with space where outside food can be consumed.