The Children's Museum of Southeastern Connecticut is a quaint, one level, indoor and outdoor playspace geared for children ages 0-8 years old. This is a place where imaginations are fueled and creative learning is fostered through hands on and interactive play.
Things to Do
- Take part in several scavenger hunts throughout the museum.
- Enjoy the great outdoor playspace with lots of blocks and hands on activities, playset, treehouse, water table and zipline.
- Get artsy with arts and crafts painting area.
- Explore the fun exhibits which offer tons of pretend play opportunities and hands on experiences: The Discovery Room, Seaside Village, and the Global Village.
Children's Museum of Southeastern CT Insider Tips
- Penny Rolls are available for purchase at the front desk. They are a big hit for use in the Discovery Room.
- This museum is all on one floor. Strollers can be used in this facility but if it gets too crowded you may want to park it in the coat room.
- There is also an outdoor area so make sure to bring appropriate outdoor attire and sunscreen depending on the time of year that you choose to visit,
- The website provides a great deal of suggestions and guidance about how to plan a day trip in the Niantic area which you can use as a guide if you want to do more than just attend the museum.
- Note that the front desk even has some changes of clothes for kids on hand for unexpected mishaps.
- You are welcome to bring your own snacks along to eat indoors or outdoors. There is no food available at the museum.