The Children's Museum of Stockton is located in the city of Stockton, California, about an hour's drive south of Sacramento. It has a number of interactive exhibits designed to teach children about the world in a fun, educational way. You child will love pretending to be a firefighter in the fire station, being creative in the art studio, visiting the pet clinic, staring into the magical mirrors, and learning about space in the galaxy room! The museum also has a playground and a picnic area, so you can get some fresh air during your museum visit too.
Things to Do
- Check out the Mag-na-wall, a popular exhibit that teaches children about magnetism using fascinating magnet activities.
- Take your budding artist to the art studio, where they can draw, paint, and create all kinds of interesting pieces of artwork.
- Watch as your child does their very own newscast from the museum's newsroom! Record it yourself for a great memory of your visit.
- Children that are 4 and under can safely play away from the older kids in "The Park", the museum's special toddler area.
Children's Museum of Stockton Insider Tips
- Visit their Events page to learn about upcoming events - the museum occasionally has free admission days, as well as special family-friendly activities and programs.
- Bring along a camera so that you can get some cute snapshots of your child playing by the ambulance, police car, bus, and helicopter!
- Don't miss the puppet show and the face painting station!