Children's museum of the lowcountry CML features hands-on exhibits for children in the age group of 10 and below, children can explore Arts and science through interesting and educational exhibits. Toddlers and young kids love to explore the pirate ship, an antique fire truck, plus there is an Art center to explore Arts, and a water room. There are nine exhibits to capture your child's attention, plus there is a separate space for the infants and toddlers to play, it has toys and structures to climb on. The children's museum in Charleston also offers summer camps and dance classes, the museum is open all through the week except on Mondays.
Things to Do
- The newest exhibit at the museum is "the big build", where children can play the builders and create structures with LEGO, KAPLA and blocks, it has a special toddler's area.
- Children can explore the medieval castle that has secret passageways, knightly quest, a puppet theater, kids can ride horses and wear princely costumes.
- In the Art room children can create sculptures, paint, plus learn new artistic skills, the paint used is washable.
- Children can learn gardening skills in the Kid's garden, they can pump water from the well, water the gardens, pick up strawberries & mint from the edible garden and much more.
- Children can learn about the Charleston Harbor in the water room, children can do a canoe race, and move boats from the lake to the harbor.
- The children's grocery store lets children do their own shopping, give your child a grocery list to follow to enhance their skills.
- Families can bring a picnic lunch and eat in the garden, or enjoy some snacks at the CML cafe.
Children's museum of the lowcountry Insider Tips
- Restrooms and water fountains are available.