The exhibits and activities available at the Children's Museum Tucson challenge children and their families to put their minds and bodies to the test. It is an interactive, hands-on facility where kids can practice their developing skills as their parents supervise. With twelve permanent exhibits and a plethora of special events and educational programs there is always something fun and exciting taking place at the Children's Museum Tucson.
Things to Do
- The Early Childhood Education Exhibit will provide plenty for your toddlers to do. This part of the Museum is all about getting the littlest ones thinking and moving. Different programs such as Wee Wiggle, Wee Play and Wee Explore take place here.
- Wee Wiggle is a fun exercise program which kids can partake in with their parents. At Wee Explore children between three and five are treated to science demonstrations and hands on experiments. At Wee Play they can sing, dance and learn to read.
- During the summer months the Museum runs week long S.T.E.A.M Camps for "kinder" and "junior" groups. Each of these camps includes activities and educational games derived from a major theme. So you could sign your child up to a camp based around dinosaurs, astronauts, safari animals, sports, the ocean or engineering. These camps are run during the weekdays and last for three hours during the day.
Children's Museum Tucson Insider Tips
- When you visit you should pick up a map of the Museum inside to orientate yourself and make sure you find the perfect area for your child.
- You can keep an eye on the upcoming events and programs at the Museum with their upcoming events calendar online.