The Children's Neigborhood Musuem located inside the Robert W. Rolek Community Center in round Lake Illinois porvides kids under the age of 6 with the unique opportunity to take on an occupation in their very own kid's town.
Everything in the museum is designed to be used by kids. As such its a safe and educational area where your children can enjoy themselves and you can relax safe in the knowledge that they won't go wandering off or hurt themselves.
Things to Do
- Kids can take on a whole range of roles from the community. Let them become a fireman, a policeman, a gas station assistant or a grocer. They get to dress up and are given their very own building where they can ply their chosen trade.
- The Museum runs special once off seasonal events through out the year such as the Pumpkin Bash around Halloween time, or Milk and Cookies with Santa in December. These events are sometimes paired with "Neighborhood playtime" activities that fit in with the seasonal theme.
Children's Neigborhood Museum Insider Tips
- The museum is available as a location for Kid's Birthday parties. The parties last for two hours and divide the time between the Neighborhood Play Zone and a party with cake and beverages. It can also be rented by private groups and for school trips.
- There is a limit of thirty children per session so book ahead of time to avoid disappointment.
- If you live in the general area a Museum membership may be a good idea. There are special members-only hours and if you go on a regular basis it works out cheaper than paying every time to enter.