Cincinnati Music Hall is a premier location for classical music live performances in Cincinnati, Ohio. The historic music hall was built in 1878 and it serves as the home for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Opera, May festival chorus, Cincinnati Ballet, and the Cincinnati pops Orchestra. Though the building is a national historic landmark, it is also listed as one of the most haunted places in the US. Live classic music performances are held in the Springer Auditorium, the Music Hall ballroom serves as a venue for fashion shows, exhibitions, receptions and dinners. The music hall is one of the most beautiful concert venues in the world with sparkling chandeliers and extravagant interior. Guided tours of the Music hall are conducted on weekdays.
Things to Do
- Visit the beautiful Music Hall that has an old world charm, listen to live classic music, the tickets for shows go on sale months or weeks in advance.
- Tickets for the shows are available online or can be bought at the Aronoff Center.
- Schedule of Broadway shows, classic performances, ballet, symphony and opera is posted on the website.
- Snacks and beverages are available in the Music Hall, drinks can be brought into the theater during most performances.
- Some of the upcoming shows include, live play Home, Motown the Musical, Harry James Orchestra, Mary Poppins Musical, and The Mersey Beatles performance.
- Guided tours of the historic Music Hall are available, special after-hours tours are also held once a month.
Cincinnati Music Hall Insider Tips
- Acoustics are best in the balconies.