The Hollywood Forever Cemetery has many of the founding fathers and brightest stars of the American movie industry buried within its grounds. Those who have been laid to rest here include legendary figures such as Douglas Fairbanks, Cecil B. DeMille and Jayne Mansfield and rock star Johnny Ramone. As if all those big names were not a good enough reason to pay the Cemetery a visit Cinespia now organizes film screenings of classic movies out on the lawn of this historic L.A location.
Things to Do
- Take your place on the Fairbanks Lawn as DJs play music to get the crowd warmed up at Cinespia. You can bring blankets, pillows and low chairs to get comfortable while you picnic amongst fine company; some of the greatest stars in Hollywood's history. Set under the open evening sky the crowd will hush once the movie begins. When it is done the music starts all over again.
Cinespia - Hollywood Forever Cemetery Insider Tips
- For a Cinespia event you can pay for a parking pass that will grant you parking on site meaning you can simply take a short walk to the lawn where the movie is being shown. There is also parking at the Paramount Lot at 801 N Gower. If you choose to park here you will enter the cemetery through the Santa Monica Boulevard Gates.
- You may bring beer and wine to drink at the Cinespia event though the organizers do ask that you refrain from bringing spirits. There are no barbeques or open flames allowed at the event.
- Dogs are not permitted inside the cemetery. All visitors are asked to maintain a good level of respect for the Cemetery and the people buried there during their visit.
- Recommended for teens & adults.