A good, multipurpose park contributes to having a great atmosphere in a community. Located in the southwestern part of East Baton Rouge Parish, City-Brooks provides a venue for kids to play at, for adults to stroll, relax, and bring their dogs. The park offers several amenities such as a playground, picnic areas, basketball and tennis courts, baseball fields, swimming pool, a fishing lake, and a dog park.
Things to Do
- Plan a day out at the park with the family. Take the kids to the playground area. There's one area for the toddlers and for the bigger kids. Summer days at the splash pad will be a fun experience for the kids plus they can also play at the sandbox.
- Adults can go walking or jogging at the walking paths. Bring a book and enjoy some quiet time under the trees. You can also visit the fishing lake or swim laps in the pool.
- Bring food and drinks. Gather everyone by lunch time and have a picnic. The picnic tables are located in a shaded area.
- If you have a dog, City-Brooks is a good place to let your dog run and go around without a leash.
- Visit the park's website to know more about upcoming events such as tennis and swim lessons.
City-Brooks Community Park Insider Tips
- Park admission is free. Activities such as tennis and swimming lessons are charged separately.