A quaint little art gallery that focuses on Chicago Art, City gallery at the historic water tower features Chicago in a photographers perspective. The gallery is located in the old historic water tower that is a historic landmark and the second-oldest water tower in the United States. The gallery is open year-round Monday through Sunday, you can visit the old water tower as it is easily accessible, located on the Chicago's famous Magnificent Mile. The art gallery is free to visit.
Things to Do
- If you've been visiting the Magnificent Mile in Chicago that is famous for its shops, you have to make a visit to the historic water tower.
- The city gallery at the historic water tower features photography exhibits by local artists, the photographs are based on sights and sounds of Chicago.
- The historic water tower was converted to an art gallery in 1999, take a break from shopping and enjoy some local art.
- The 19th-century architectural castle-like style of the water tower is very appealing, it was one of the few buildings that survived the 1871 Chicago fire.
- The exhibits are always changing.
City Gallery at the Historic Water Tower Insider Tips
- Don't forget to bring your camera.
- Enjoy lunch in the nearby restaurants.