City Park is a 1,300 acre public park located in New Orleans, Louisiana. It is one of the largest public parks in the United States, and is one of the city's top tourist attractions due to the wide variety of activities that it offers visitors of all ages. Popular areas of the park include an amusement park, a fairytale-themed playground, a botanical garden, an art museum, a sculpture garden, golf courses, a miniature golf complex, and its beautiful lake. If your family likes to be active, you can also get some exercise using its tennis center, track, softball and soccer fields, disc golf course and paved trails.
Things to Do
- Get some fresh air and enjoy nature on a family walk through the Couturie Forest or by renting a boat to explore Big Lake.
- Take your child to one of the playgrounds to slide, climb, and swing to their hearts' content! They'll love Storyland, which features larger-than-life fairytale sculptures.
- Enjoy a round or two of miniature golf at City Putt! It has two different themed courses related to the history and culture of New Orleans and Louisiana.
- Visit Carousel Gardens Amusement Park and go for a spin on the antique wooden carousel or the ladybug roller coaster.
City Park Insider Tips
- Bring along a pair of binoculars and see how many different bird species you can find during your visit. You can find a handy guide to the park's birds here.
- Check out the park's "Just for Kids" page to learn about even more kid-friendly attractions, as well print out a fun scavenger hunt they can do during your visit.
- Don't miss the park's other great family attractions, including the New Orleans Museum of Art, the Equest Farm equestrian center which offers horseback riding, and the Historic New Orleans Train Garden.