Clark Planetarium is a popular attraction in Salt Lake City's Gateway District. Its facilities include the Hansen Dome Theatre, which is used for planetarium shows, and the ATK IMAX Theatre, which shows educational films in 3D on a 5-story high screen. Other attractions include the planetarium's Cosmic Light Shows, which feature popular music from groups like Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin, and numerous science-themed exhibits that will fascinate visitors of all ages.
Things to Do
- Explore the planetarium's free exhibits - they include an interactive display on telescopes, a Foucault pendulum, and a series of breathtaking images from the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Watch a 3D film on nature or astronomy in the ATK IMAX Theatre.
- Enjoy a planetarium show about the universe, stars, or black holes in the Hansen Dome Theatre.
- Listen to popular music accompanied by a wonderful laser program by attending a Cosmic Light Show.
Clark Planetarium Insider Tips
- The planetarium has several parking options. There are some free and metered parking spaces on the street near the building, or you can park in the underground lot at The Gateway. The planetarium offers validation for the first three hours of parking for a fee of $1.
- Check out their events page to learn about upcoming lectures, programs, and free film showings you can attend with your family.
- Don't forget to stop by Planet Fun, the planetarium store, where you can find all kinds of astronomy-related gifts and souvenirs.