Clearwater Marine Aquarium is an aquarium and marine animal rescue and rehabilitation center in Clearwater, approximately 30 miles outsides of Tampa, Florida. It is home to marine life such as dolphins, river otters, pelicans, sea turtles, sharks, rays, eels, fish, and seahorses, as well as numerous informative exhibits. The aquarium is especially famous as the home of Winter, a rescued bottlenose dolphin that the aquarium created a special prosthetic tail for and the star of both Dolphin Tale films, which were filmed at the aquarium.
Things to Do
- Check out the Winter Zone to see Winter and Hope, the aquarium's two friendly bottlenose dolphins that have starred in popular films.
- Visit the Otter Oasis to see the aquarium's lively North American river otters play with their toys and participate in daily presentations.
- Take your children to the educational Sea Cavern exhibit, where they can learn about local marine animals as well as touch them!
Clearwater Marine Aquarium Insider Tips
- Purchase your tickets online in order to save money on admission prices.
- View all the exciting opportunities the aquarium offers, including photo opportunities with dolphins, feeding the pelicans and nurse sharks, and fun-filled boat tours.
- Don't miss Stingray Beach, an exciting exhibit where you can hand feed the stingrays and learn what to do if you meet one in the wild!