Create a clothespin catapult in a few easy steps. Children of all ages will have fun launching soft objects in a playful manner with their new homemade toy. There are a few activities that you can do with your catapult. Try setting up a pyramid of cups to take aim at or even setting a cup or box up on a flat surface and try to launch the items into the box. Vary the distances to add more challenge.
- Block of scrap wood
- Clothespin which is spring loaded
- Craft Stick
- Tacky Glue
- A plastic bottle cap
- Pom Poms or Cotton Balls or mini marshmallows
How to Make It
- Glue a spring loaded clothespin to a scrap block of wood.
- Glue a craft stick to the clothespin so that is an extension of the clothespin.
- Next glue the plastic bottle cap to the back of the craft stick in a face up position, but do not glue it all of the way back. Leave a fingertip length clearance.
- Allow the contraption to dry completely.
- When the glue has dried, your catapult is ready to play with. Use a light soft object such as a marshmallow, a pom pom or a cotton ball to place into the cap.
- Gently push down on the area behind the bottle cap which will open the clothespin and then let go. The soft object will fly through the air at the target you have set out for it.