Whether you make one of several, you will love this cute clothespin soldier craft. Use them as toy soldiers or turn them into ornaments. Either way, crafters of all ages will have fun creating these wooden peg soldiers. You can change up the color of the coats to depict different groups of soldiers as well. These are so cute and so easy to make and store them in a baggie for pretend play.
How to Make Them
- Use the red paint to color the "shirt" portion of your clothespin soldier.
- Use your black paint to paint the entire bottom half of the clothespin for the pants.
- When the paint is dry, make six even dots like on a dice with your gold marker pen on the front of the red portion of the soldier's shirt.
- Since the base paint is dry, now paint a white belt around the center of your clothespin at the point where the red and black paint meet,
- Next paint a thin line down each of the other pant legs with red paint.
- Glue one of the black pom poms to the top of the soldier's head to create his hat.
- Use a fine tipped Sharpie Marker to create the face.