My daughter needed a Cocadas (Coconut) cookie recipe for school. She is studying the country of Panama and this is a traditional recipe from the region.
The Cocadas cookie is a delicious, sweet cookie!
We found a great recipe from Ingrid Hoffmann at the Food Network. We had no idea how easy and delicious these cookies would turn out to be. A new family favorite.
- 3 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together coconut, cornstarch, condensed milk, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
- Drop heaping rounded spoonful's (using two spoons) onto parchment lined cookie sheet about 1-inch apart.
- Watching closely, bake for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden brown (they brown up quickly!).
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- Using fine meshed sieve, dust with confectioners' sugar.
- Store loosely covered until ready to serve.