Colleton State Park in South Carolina is a beautiful park with lots of amenities and attractions for the whole family. This state park is a popular tourist attraction, it includes camping grounds, fishing sites, walking trails, and kayaking and canoeing facilities. There are picnic shelters and playgrounds, plus volleyball courts and restrooms. The Colleton state park is open year-round and admission to the park is free.
Things to Do
- Colleton state park provides easy access to the river Edisto that is one of the longest and free flowing rivers in the country. This park is a wonderful site for kayaking and canoeing in the river, families can also enjoy boating.
- Families can do camping at the campground, camping area includes fire rings, picnic tables, and there are restrooms nearby. Camping reservations can be made by calling or online.
- If you own a valid South Carolina fishing license, you can enjoy fishing by the river, try catching red breast and catfish. Fishing equipment can be rented at the park.
- Picnic tables and shelters are available for picnic on spot and reservation. A playground is available for little kids. Enjoy spotting wildlife and bird watching while hiking at the Cypress swamp trail. Biking is allowed on park roads but not on the walking trails. Remember, cypress swamp trail is a self-interpretive trail.
- A ball field and volleyball areas are available for the visitors. Visit the gift shop located within the ranger station, and purchase t shirts, mugs, caps, and soft drinks.
- The park hosts annual Edisto River fest in June, it offers canoe trips, workshops, exhibits and music.
Colleton State Park Insider Tips
- Pets are not allowed in the camping area.
- Before making any camping reservations, check weather forecast.
- WIFI is not yet available in the park.