Concoct a glittery and foamy sorcerer's brew with a few household ingredients and some acts of wizardry which is sure to delight children of all ages. This little act of science is fantastic for pretend play as well. The foam that pours over the rim of the jars is formed by a chemical reaction between baking soda and vinegar. When the two mix together, they form tons of tiny bubbles. These bubbles activate the mixture even further when they react with the dish soap and create an overflowing delight of colorful and sparkly foam.
- Assorted glass cars
- Food coloring
- Glitter or sparkling confetti
- Dish Soap
- Baking Soda
- Shallow baking tray
How to Make It
For each jar
- Fill each jar about half way with vinegar.
- Add several drops of food coloring and mix well.
- Next add a teaspoon of glitter or sparkly confetti pieces to the mixture.
- Squirt an ample squeeze of dish soap into the jar and stir.
- Place each of the jars onto a shallow baking tray.
- Add a heaping tablespoon of baking soda into the jar and observe.