Take part in the metamorphosis that takes place when you create colorful butterflies out of paper towels and pipe cleaners. This very simplistic craft allows crafters of all ages the freedom to experiment with color and results in a gorgeous paper butterfly to flutter around with or display. This art project will result in a masterpiece for little artists to be proud of.
- White paper towels
- food coloring
- Pipe cleaners
How to Make Them
- First mix your food coloring colors in different bowls with water.
- Fold your paper towel in half and then in half again and then two more times so that your paper towel has been folded into sixteenths,
- Dip each corner of the folded paper towel into the desired colors. Do not over saturate your paper towels, the color will spread. Try using different colors for more vibrancy.
- Allow your paper towel to drip back into the bowl after each dip.
- Next open up the paper towel carefully and lay it out to dry. I recommend putting them out onto newspaper covered areas only as the food coloring will stain unprotected surfaces.
- Once the paper towel is dry, scrunch the center section of the paper towel together and secure it with a pipe cleaner color of your choice with a twist.
- Use your finger or a pencil to curl the pipe cleaner to look like antennae.