The oldest, continuously running sailing and boating center in the country; CBI has been making waves since 1946. They hope to share the world of sailing with all the public, even making it available for those who usually could not take part due to their physical or financial circumstances. In this spirit they run programs for all ages and abilities along with events throughout the year.
Things to Do
- CBI offers regular sailing classes to youths on weekends in the summer and the fall. As a member of these classes you child will learn how to sail, kayak, paddleboard and windsurf.
- Classes go ahead rain or shine thanks to the center's in-door facilities. There are also adult programs and classes offered year round.
- The center is currently running the RoboSail Program as well. On the RoboSail Program High School students get the opportunity to build and programme a computerised sail boat to sail a course.
- Rent stand-up paddleboards (SUPs), windsurfers and kayaks by the hour.
Community Boating & Sailing Insider Tips
- The Center runs Youth Programs for under-privileged kids. These educational programs are available to these kids at just a dollar each. To fund these scholarships Community Boating & Sailing require donations from the general public. If you feel it is a good cause you would like to be a part of you can donate on their webpage.
- The Center has a regularly changing calender of events which they update regularly. Details of this list can be found online.
- A pdf that lays out the full story of the center's history can be found on their website.