Not to be confused with its more famous Brooklyn namesake Cincinnati's Coney Island theme park has been providing fun days out for the people of Ohio since the 1800's. Come along for family friendly amusements along with a massive swimming pool complete with slides, carnival games, a miniature golf course and an arcade.
Things to Do
- The highlight of the park may be its Sunlite Pool. Built in 1925 this pool is the world's largest flat-surfaced re-circulating pool. Even to consider the numbers involved is amazing. It provides over an acre of shallow water for inexperienced swimmers. In total it contains three million gallons of water within its confines which measure 200 feet wide and 401 feet long. There are a few water slides to be found at the Pool too including the Twister where you can choose between fours chutes that measure a quarter of a mile in total.
- There are a lot of familiar favorites at the park including dodgems, a ferris wheel, a grand carousel and the tilt-a-whirl. Kids will be sure to enjoy taking a ride in one of the park's play helicopters or airplanes.
- Once you've had enough of the rides you can take on your family in a game of mini golf at the Famous Fairways Miniature Golf Course or take the kids along to the kiddie Western Town.
Coney Island Insider Tips
- The cost of entrance is discounted somewhat after 4 pm.
- Coney Island offers a birthday party package for kids that includes food. Take a look on their website to get the full details.