The Connecticut Science Center is located in the heart of Hartford Connecticut and has been in operation since 2009. The center appeals to children of all ages and engages its visitors in over 150 hands on exhibits for the exploration of Science, Math and Technology. The museum is clean and well kept and is in walking distance of downtown Hartford.
Things to Do
- Enjoy the unforgettable experience of the IMAX 3D film adventures in the museum's Theater.
- Shop for educational and fun whimsical gifts in the Museum Gift Shop
- Have a bite to eat in the onsiteCafe
- Get your aprons on and explore the children's gallery which gets kids busy with water, legos and balls for wet hands on fun.
- Visit the Sports/Health Lab
- Get your minds racing in the Invention Dimension, blast off into the Space Exploration gallery, learn about Watersheds and ecosystems in the River of Life, Get Blown away in the Wind Tunnel, get moving in the Forces of Motion exhibit and so much more
- Birthday parties, overnight trips and camps available for booking.
Connecticut Science Center Insider Tips
- There are lots of parking options for being in a Capital City atmosphere. There is a large parking garage and if you visit on the weekends, metered parking is free.
- Your admission tickets are for all day access so you can come and go as you please throughout the day.
- Make sure that you include hand washing throughout the day. Children will be hands on with almost every exhibit and so will tons of other children. Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the exhibit areas for your convenience.
- The Children's Gallery has a water table play area. Use the aprons provided but you may want to bring a change of clothing for the littlest ones in your group.
- Children under the age of 16 must be supervised by an adult at all times within the museum.