Hop on a trolley and take a trip back in time on the 3 mile track at the Connecticut Trolley Museum in East Windsor, CT. Your friendly conductor will be your guide as he/she narrates your historical journey. All of the workers at the museum are volunteers and share a love for the trolley system and they do an exceptional job of sharing that love with their guests. It is here that you will learn everything about the history of the early Electric Railroad.
Things to Do
- Take a look at over 70 pieces of railroad equipment dating back to 1869. Pieces include passenger and freight street cars, elevated railway cars, passenger and freight railway cars and much more.
- Take in the experiences at the special holiday events that are offered. See the website for more specific details on events,
- Host a birthday party or a group event at the museum.
- Visit the Fire Museum on site where you can view dozens of antique fire trucks and learn the history of the great fires of the Hartford area.
- Take a pleasant and educational trolley ride and experience the transportation of yesteryear.
Connecticut Trolley Museum Insider Tips
- When you purchase your ticket for the trolley, you receive an authentic punch ticket which serves as a pretty neat souvenir.
- Definitely take the trolley ride. It is certain to bolster your trip.
- Bring a jacket or a sweater especially on some of the evening events like the Haunted Halloween Ride or the Christmas ride. It can get chilly on the rails in the open trolley car.