Instead of tossing away those many construction paper scraps, turn trash into treasure by turning it into Construction Paper Clay. In a few easy steps, you can create paper clay in a variety of colors and use it just as you would any other clay. Mold it and shape it into fabulous works of art and let it harden for a couple of days to create a unique sculpture. Children of all ages will enjoy transforming their scraps into something wonderful.
For Each Color
- 1 cup of single colored scarp construction paper
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- 1/4 of flour
- Bowl and spoon for mixing
How to Make It
- Snip the construction paper into small pieces and sort by color.
- Place the paper scraps and 2 cups of water into a blender and pulse the two ingredients for 25 seconds until it turns into a pulpy mixture.
- Remove the paper pulp from the blender and squeeze it over the sink to removes excess water.
- Mix the flour with 1/4 cup of water until well blended.
- While kneading the paper pulp, gradually add the flour and water mixture as you work the dough.
- Repeat for different color doughs.
- Sculpt and mold into a creation.
- Allow to dry for 48 hours.