Contemporary Art museum of Raleigh is a museum of contemporary Arts and design that would thrill any budding artist, the museum does not display any permanent exhibits, but includes traveling exhibits by many local and international artists. The museum not only features exhibits, but programs like designing and art, sketching programs and more. The museum is open to visitors all through the week, except Tuesdays. Members can tour the museum for free.
Things to Do
- Visit the museum of Contemporary art in Raleigh to encourage any new artist, the museum offers interesting and skill developing activities for children.
- The current exhibit on display is "20 years of horse and buggy press", it is a multimedia exhibit that showcases chronicles and achievements of the award-winning design studio.
- "WE & THEM & ME" depicts the work and talent of the artist, Martine Gutierrez, there is photography, videos, installations and more.
- Families can enjoy free art activities, creating your own sundae ice cream, create art projects and take home on Family Sundae event.
- Weekly guided tours of the museum are available.
- Visitors can get free admission on first Friday of every month. Enjoy live music and special performances every first Friday.
Contemporary Art Museum of Raleigh Insider Tips
- Children ages 10 and under get free admission.
- Galleries and restrooms are ADA compliant.