Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis is a non-collecting art museum in St. Louis, Missouri. Instead of maintaining its own collection, it focuses on presenting several new exhibitions each year that showcase the works of contemporary artists from around the world. In addition, the museum is known for its many free arts education programs, hands-on workshops, summer camps, and family events that help bring art into the community.
Things to Do
- View their current exhibitions! Their Main Gallery features six exhibitions each year and the artwork on display in the Front Room changes every few weeks, so you'll always find something new and interesting.
- Take your little one to Morning Play Dates, a free monthly program for children between the ages of 2 and 5 that includes hands-on art activities, musical performances, and storytelling.
- Attend one of their annual family days, which feature kid-friendly museum tours, art activities, dance performances, storytelling, and music.
Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis Insider Tips
- If you have a budding artist in the family, consider having them attend one of the museum's great summer camps, where they can learn how to make collages, prints, stop-motion animations, and explore many other interesting art forms.
- Check out their stroller tours, special monthly tours for parents with babies that allow you to learn more about the exhibitions and meet other families.
- Admission is always free, so consider picking up a souvenir from the gift shop to help support the museum.