Create cookie monster pom pom monsters out of tissue paper for a fun craft. This craft is fairly easy to make and make a delightful decoration for a birthday party or simply a fun friend for a child's room or playroom.
- Several sheets of blue tissue paper 8-10
- Craft wire or pipecleaner
- White, black and brown card stock
- Black Markers
- Glue Gun
How to Make Them
- Lay 8-10 sheets of large blue tissue paper on top of each other.
- Fold them together in 1 inch segments back and forth, back and forth accordion style until the entire tissue paper surface is folded like a fan.
- Secure the paper in the center with some craft wire or a pipe cleaner.
- Tie a long piece of twine to the craft wire or pipe cleaner.
- Use sharp scissors to cut two angled sections on each end so that the tissue paper forms a point on each end.
- Gently fan the sides out and carefully pull back each layer of tissue and pull toward the center.
- When you are half way through the stack of tissue, flip it over and pull the layers that have not been spread yet, in the opposite direction.
- Fluff when finished.
- Cut out two large white circles proportional to your size pom pom. For a large pom pom, we used 3 inch circles for the eyes.
- Draw a one inch black circle for the pupil in each eye. Do not center them or make them match in placement.
- Cut a large 6 inch half circle out of black paper for the mouth.
- Create a partial circle indicating a partially eaten cookie out of the brown card stock. include some scraps for crumbs.
- Use glue gun to glue the paper onto the face of your pom pom cookie monster.