Baseball fans should not miss this stop in Cooperstown. Located in a three-storey building with a beautiful lawn, the museum houses artifacts and exhibits about baseball and the history of the sport throughout the years. In addition to the sport history, you can also learn more about the men and women who have given great contributions in the sport and made it in the Hall of Fame. There is something for everyone and kids and adults will surely enjoy their visit.
Things to Do
- Plan to spend the day at the museum. With more than 40,000 artifacts ranging from bats, uniforms, and awards, there is so much to see, read, and watch that it will take several hours to visit. Avid baseball fans can also visit the Library containing thousands of books, documents, and videos about the sport.
- Take a break and go on a picnic at the Cooper Park right in front of the museum. It will also be a good time for the children to play so bring a bat and gloves too.
- Check out the events page for any scheduled event during your visit. The museum also holds daily fun Family Activities. Check the details with the staff.
- Visit the gift shop and purchase merchandises such as jerseys, jackets, and souvenirs.
Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame Insider Tips
- Try to go early to get a parking space.